Priorities and Planning
Each of our priority areas, which are detailed in our Business Plan, are monitored to determine our effectiveness and have been negotiated through our school board.
These areas of priority are:
- Student achievement and performance
- Excellence in teaching
- Community partnerships
Yanchep Beach PS has successfully begun the process of introducing teaching strategies and philosophies that address the context of WA schools, the local community and the demands of the Australian Curriculum. These include:
- Letters and Sounds
- Talk for Writing
- Words Their Way
- First Steps in Literacy and Mathematics
- Primary Connections in Science
- An Apple technology learning platform
- Ongoing professional learning to develop individual staff and the overall capacity of YBPS
- The Fish Philosophy, (values education framework)
- Whole school assessment using AITSL Standards and the School Improvement Tool.
Our foundation year annual report highlights our achievements and events as well as the expected student performance data. It is worth keeping in mind the foundation annual report does not benefit from substantial comparative data or analysis. Our YBPS students arrived from around a dozen different educational facilities bringing with them many different understandings and perspectives of schools and achievement levels.
The YBPS Annual Report 2015 demonstrates the growth across all areas and measures in our second year of operation. Whilst our student population exceeded predicted growth our consolidation of learning strategies and school programs continued successfully. A viable measure of our learning achievement will emerge from our third year, (2016), when value-added cohort data analysis will be available.